6.29.2007

Apple's new disruptive innovation - the iPhone

The iPhone will change the mobile phone industry, but probably not in ways most people are thinking. I love the idea of the new interaction interface, and I love the idea of getting the entire internet on my phone. However, the genius behind the iPhone, in my opinion, is the ability to activate the phone and service from iTunes. That's huge. This convenience factor will drive a new consumer behavior, and consumers will expect phone activation to be this easy for all phones (or any device for that matter... have you seen how terrible the Harmony Remote Control configuration is? Argh.) That will put Apple in the driver's seat, and phone carriers and manufacturers will be paying Apple to offer activation via iTunes. Mark my word.

No comments: